So, the past couple of months I have tried to simplify my life as much as I can. I know I still have a lot to do to actually be able to say I’ve simplified my life but I am not worried about that for now. I know it is a journey and that it will take time to figure things out.
What I did want to do is share with you these 10 ways I have implemented in my life so far to help me simplify my life. Before I share these 10 ways to simplify your life, I do want to mention that simple living has a different meaning for everyone.
Also, everyone has their own level of simplicity to get to in their life and however far you go that is ok. There is no right or wrong on how to simplify your life. You need to do what feels right for you and your family.
Well now having said that let’s get into the 10 ways you can simplify your life.
I hope you too can use these to get you started on your journey to simple living.
- Don’t let what others thing of you affect you or your family. Do what is right for you and your family
- Less phone time actually gives me more time than I thought so I apply a not phone rule certain hours when home and also limit time on social media.
- Setting routines that are effortless and easy to do day in day out
- Making things obvious so we follow through. An example is food prep so we have lunch and dinner easily and we don’t think of takeout.
- A routine to declutter of my home. I currently do this every 3 months but hopefully get to a monthly routine.
- Saying no to many things just because I don’t want to overload my schedule and not have time for my family and home. This is a hard one to do for me as I like helping others but sometimes you just have to think about you and your family first.
- Learning to accept that things go wrong and that god always helps us and guides us to find solutions and figure things out.
- Accepting that we make mistakes and that is how we learn and grow. I never used to say sorry and actually show the other person that I was wrong. I now try to recognise it and say sorry. Again, though this is work in progress. We need to constantly work on improving ourselves.
- Its okay to let go of needing to organise and plan things out to the minute. Not everything needs a plan or a schedule. I still do need somewhat of a plan and schedule for my life to feel functional just not so strict or I don’t get angry when things don’t go as planned. Once a planner and organiser, always a planner and organiser.
- Learn to take it all in, be in the present moment. Be grateful for the simplest things in life. Lately for me it is the time I spend with friends and family.
So, what do you think of these 10 ways to help you simplify your life? Do you feel like you can start with a few or maybe you already have and didn’t quite realise it?
For those interested in decluttering your entire home I have a free 5 day declutter challenge which is and awesome way to see results immediately. You have nothing to lose by trying this challenge apart from getting rid of clutter! Try it now, it is totally free!